Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Funny Fiasco – 20

Continued from previous post –
There is one more thing to it Tai” Khopkar
What is that”? Manorama
When I was in the village I came to know that Damu has been engaged with one girl from our village, daughter of Nanasaheb. Her name is Nilu. When I told about Damu getting betrothed to Rashmi; Nanasaheb and his son Shridhar were very angry. That engagement of Damu and Nilu was done when they were small children by their mothers! You know Tai such things are very common amongst our people”! Khopkar told.
They are expected to come to Mumbai to talk about it to Anant, you and also to Damu. What do you feel; under such circumstance should we encourage Anant to arrange the marriage of Rashmi and Damu”? Khopkar
In that case it is good riddance”! I would immediately accept that Nanasaheb get Damu as their son-in-law”. Manorama says with a sneer on her face. Khopkar continues smilingly, “One more thing to decide, Tai! I saw Shridhar, son of Nanasaheb, he is highly educated and owns a Lab; in that Lab, he is producing some sort of chemical called Probiotic. It is used to improve agriculture and Tai, do you know he is doing very well”! I want Rashmi to be with this handsome young man, Shridhar”.
If you think then it must be correct, I have full faith in your decisions Pandurang, you go ahead with that proposal and we shall talk about it when they come here”. Manorama assures.
You will open the topic with Anant, I shall not say anything about it; you get it”? Manorama explains the strategy. “OK, Tai, done”! Khopkar reassures showing his two thumps up.

Anant’s house, Anant and Khopkar sitting in the drawing room and Manorama enters the room with tray of refreshments. Together they sit and talk about Rashmi’s marriage. Khopkar tells to both Anant and Manorama that Damu is already engaged with daughter of Nanasaheb Shettye from his place and Damu also belongs to the same place and that is why we should not entertain this idea that Damu wed Rashmi. And one more thing I liked is that Nanasaheb’s son is a very well educated boy and he has a chemical factory making some special chemicals called probiotic to improve our farming. I think that boy; Shridhar is most suitable for our Rashmi.
Whatever had happened in that village, I have no concern. Do you understand me Pandurang” Anant remonstrated with a roar. “I want Damu as my son-in-law and that is final. Tell Nanasaheb of your village that better see some village girl for his rustic son. My daughter is born and brought up in here Mumbai and she will not go in that dirty village to fill water from those dirty village wells; go and tell him that.” Orders Anant looking straight in eyes of Pandurang.
If we do not co-operate that Nanasaheb will come and make trouble, you do not know the power of this Nanasaheb” pleads Khopkar meekly.
To hell with that village goon I have here a dozen goons and if he happens to come I will kick on his ass. Tell him to be there in that village and not to bother to come here I am warning you Pandurang. I was thinking that you are my best friend but you go to that dirty village and come so much changed in just a week. What is wrong with you? Has that marriage of you with the village widow makes you do this?” Anant blurts out loudly. On that, Manorama shows displeasure and warns her husband to behave properly with Pandurang. On that, Anant meekly apologizes to Khopkar for his rudeness. However, Anant continues with his arrogance and utters, My daughter is so precious to me that any body talking of giving her to a village rustic; I shall take him as my enemy. And now go to do your work in the hotel.” Anant so irritated cannot talk any more. Khopkar looks to Manorama and she signs to him to better go for now, we shall see the matter as things cool down. Manorama comes out with Khopkar and lovingly hold his hand and tells him, “Dear brother you know Anant he will cool down and then we will broach the topic in some different way but I know you are doing only well for my Rashmi, she is equally dear to you; that Anant should understand while talking. Pandukaka do not take the talk of Anant to your heart.” Manorama softly pats on his wrist and that satisfies Khopkar. He leaves that room.

Continues in the next post –
Visit my other blogs for interesting reading. Visit them and bookmark them. Thanks.
Ideas and tips on any subject, http://kotharay.blogspot.in/ for intelligent chatting
I reckon, http://kotharesviews.blogspot.in/ for philosophical discussions
Freedom of Expression, http://Kothare-thinks.blogspot.in/ for intelligent chatting
Marathi Blog, http://kothare-marathi.blogspot.com मला असे वाटते

No comments: